National Electrical Manufactures Representatives Association
We are an active supporter and member of the National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association. NEMRA is a trade association of independent sales representatives in the electrical industry.
Because of the interdependent relationship between manufacturers and independent representative agents, NEMRA is as committed to the manufacturers that serve the industry as they are to the members of NEMRA who serve those manufacturers. This provides a unique environment for both representatives and manufactures to determine how best to meet industry needs. NEMRA also provides a wealth of business resources and certification programs to its membership.
Code of Ethics / Standards of Practice
The National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association, a trade association of independent sales representatives in the electrical industry, is organized to promote the continued growth and perpetuation of its members through the strengthening of their sales, marketing and management skills and to dramatize to the electrical industry, to customers and suppliers, the advantages to them of doing business through independent sales representatives. To further these objectives and to bring them within practical reach of its members, the association develops and maintains programs and activities designed to help them conduct their businesses in an ethical, efficient and productive manner.
To implement these worthy goals, members of NEMRA voluntarily subscribe to a code of ethics which urges them to refrain from:
- Willfully inducing a principal company to break its contractual relationship with another representative;
- Willfully inducing an employee of another representative to breach his/her employment relationship with his or her employer;
- Suggesting or agreeing to divide commissions with customers or those representing other than the representative's own principals;
- Slandering or libeling another representative, or impugning his intentions, motives, or actions;
- Betraying the confidence of other representatives or customers or principals.